Benton County Schools Credit Union is an educational employee credit union for the school districts in Benton County, Oregon. BCSCU began operation in 1953 and is still going strong today. Our mission statement is “To provide superior services and quality products in a very personal environment”, doing our best to call our members by name when they visit our office.
We provide most of the services you could find at any larger financial institution, with one crucial difference. At Benton County Schools Credit Union, serving the member always comes first.
Can you join us? See below for our membership requirements.
Benton County Schools Credit Union has a closed field of membership and is not open to the general public. To qualify for membership you must meet one of the following criteria.
You are an employee of…
- Any educational institution located in Benton County, Oregon
- Linn-Benton Community College
- City, County or other taxing districts in Benton County
- Greater Albany Public School District 8J
- Linn-Benton-Lincoln Education Service District
- Bus companies under contract with school districts in Benton County
- A qualified unit of government that lives or works in Benton or Linn County
Or you are…
- An employee of any educational institution who resides in Benton County or the vicinity of Corvallis, Oregon.
- Retired public school teachers or adminstrators residing in Benton County or the vicinity of Corvallis, Oregon.
- Volunteer workers in Benton County School Districts
- Organizations of eligible members
- Family members of a member
- Persons who previously withdrew from membership and who wish to resume membership
A “family member” is defined by Oregon Adminstrative Rule.